About NECSEMA :
The New England Convenience Store and Energy Marketers Association (NECSEMA) represents and promotes the interest of the convenience store and fuel distributors by enhancing the image and profitability of it’s members and by providing:
- A comprehensive and proactive membership network that participates in, monitors and promotes legislative and regulatory issues that impact business on the local, state and federal levels;
- An information and communication network on essential issues, concerns and opportunities relevant to the industry;
- A partnership and network of vendors and retailers;
- Membership services and benefits;
- Training and education programs; and
- A financially strong association with a broad-based membership.
NECSEMA was formed in 2015 as a result of a merger between the New England Convenience Store Association (NECSA) and the Independent Oil Marketers Association of New England (IOMANE). NECSA was formed in 1982 as convenience store owners and operators realized the need for unity in a highly competitive and ever-changing marketplace. IOMA was founded in 1923, making it one of the oldest petroleum trade associations in the country. Together, these two forces realize the synergies of their legislative and regulatory capabilities. NECSEMA leaders and members are informed and represented at all levels of state, local and federal government. Protecting and promoting the retail and energy marketer industry and the tens of thousands of jobs our members create and maintain in New England remains the top priority of NECSEMA.
NECSEMA also values it’s associate and affiliate members, and as a result of the merger they now have greater opportunities to network and collaborate with key players in the industry.
NECSEMA members enjoy a history of two highly regarded trade organizations– making it THE PREMIER trade association within New England.